Intro and the Process

Hello Interwebs, my name's Jack and this is my blog for NCAA men's basketball bracketology. I don't know if many - or any - people will actually view this (as there are much more qualified bracketologists out there), but I love college basketball and like making brackets, so I'm gonna share mine with y'all.

How I Make My Brackets:

For each team that I feel is qualified to get an at-large bid (around 65-70 teams right now), I'll look at their overall record, conference record, record in games away from home (road or neutral site), NET, BPI, KenPom Efficiency Ranking, Average Quad Points (For winning a quad 1 game, a team will receive 4 points, 3 pts for a quad 2 win, 2 pts for quad 3, 1 pt for quad 4; a team will lose 1 pt for a quad 1 loss, -2 for quad 2, -3 for quad 3, and -4 for quad 4; add all those up and divide by the total number of games, which include non D1 games - worth 0 pts regardless), Four Factors Efficiency Rating, quality wins, and all a teams' losses. Then I go down the list of teams comparing two at a time and determining in my opinion which team should be ranked higher. When every team is ranked, I'll seed them (1-4 = 1 seed, 5-8 = 2 seed, and so on), and place them in the bracket.

I'll hopefully update my brackets daily, but I'm a student at Villanova (I won't be biased), so new brackets won't be posted until the afternoon or early evening.  I should note that making a bracket is more difficult than one may think - sometimes I rank a team higher than another team, and then 10 mins later look back and wonder why I did that - so I'm sure that'll happen many time within now and Selection Sunday. So enjoy, comment, and show your passion for your team or college basketball in general since it's an awesome sport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Bracket

Bracket Through 3/12 Games